Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Ascent

As you can read up on on my Projects page I was recently involved in a project based out of the Experimental Media and Performing Arts Center at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York.

The project involved numerous technologies including automated MSC control of ETC lighting boards, Bluetooth serial communications with Neurosky EEG headbands, OSC control of Stage Tech rigging systems, and all sorts of OSC data flying through the air in general. Most of the programming for this event was done in Max/MSP though a fair chunk of C and Java held on in there as well. Along the way I learned some things and over the coming weeks I plan to zip out the more pertinent or informative bits that I found myself stumbling to find someone else with experience in during our development time.

No comments:

Post a Comment